Thank you for being willing to take a stand, as a church, against gender based violence. Please fill in the three short sections below the charter, and your church’s official certificate will be mailed to you shortly.
We look forward to collaborating with you through the Dignity initiative and beyond.
1. Understands domestic abuse to be the abuse of a person physically, sexually, psychologically, spiritually, socially or financially within an intimate or family-type relationship and that this forms a pattern of coercive and controlling behaviour.
2. Holds that domestic abuse in all its forms is unacceptable and irreconcilable with the Christian faith and a Christian way of living.
3. Accepts that domestic abuse is a serious problem which occurs in church families as well as in wider society.
4. Undertakes to listen, support and care for those affected by domestic abuse.
5. Will always place the safety of women and children as a very high priority.
6. Will keep up to date with the work of domestic abuse agencies, will learn from them and will publicise their work appropriately.
7. Will play its part in teaching that domestic abuse is a sin.
8. Believes in a God of love, justice, mercy and forgiveness.
9. Will live and teach what it means to be male and female equally made in God’s image.
10. Will seek to appoint advisors to encourage the use of good practice guidelines, and keep the church informed about the implementation of this charter.