Sweetcorn cake (Brazil)
Julia Stanbrook, a BMS PEPE teacher-trainer, shares a wonderful recipe from Brazil.
This wonderful recipe was passed down from fellow BMS worker Suzana Greenwood and it is delicious.
- 1 small can sweetcorn with the juice
- 2 tsp margarine
- 200ml coconut milk
- 3 cups of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups maize flour
- 1 tsp raising agent
1) Mix all the ingredients together in a liquidiser.
2) Grease a cake tin – preferably a savarin-type tin.
3) Bake at 180-200° C for about 30min.
4) To check it is cooked test with a knife; when it comes out clean it is time to take it out of the oven.