BMS worker, Ann Bothamley, shares some of the curry recipes she's discovered while working in India:
1 fryer, 21/2 to 3 pounds, disjointed. ¼ teasp. Chilli powder.
1 large onion. 3 whole cardamons.
4 cloves of garlic. 6 cloves.
2 Tbsp. ground coriander. 1 inch piece of ginger.
2 tsp.cumin. 2inch stick of cinnamon.
2 tsp.turmeric. ¼ cup of ghee.
4 large tomatoes. 1tsp. salt.
1) In a food blender grind together the onions, garlic,coriander,cumin,turmeric,chilli powder,cardamoms,cloves, ginger and cinnamon. Rub this paste into the chicken parts.
2) Heat the ghee (you can use veg or sunflower oil) and sauté the chicken for 10mins. Add the salt and tomatoes.
3) Cover and simmer until the chicken is tender and the sauce is very thick.
4) Serve with rice and veg curry or chapattis.
PANEER AND CAPSICUM (Paneer is like cottage cheese.)
- 200gms of paneer (cubed)
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1½ tsp coriander powder.
- 5-6 cloves of garlic.
- ½ tsp Sugar.
- 1 tsp Garam masala.
- ½ cup of tomato paste.
- 1 tsp chilli powder to taste.
- 1 cup of capsicum, cut into strips.
1) Saute the garlic, add tomato paste and other ingredients, except the capsicum and paneer.
2) Cover and cook 2-3 mins. Add the paneer and capscum and serve with naan or rice.
Happy cooking !