Kinshasa fried chicken (Congo)
This delicious recipe is perfect for an evening celebration of a country where BMS has worked for over 125 years.
Mwamb’ a nsusu
(Chicken in peanut butter sauce)
- 500g chicken cut into portions (large pieces)
- 1 large onion
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- ½ pint of chicken stock or boiling water
- 2 peppers of any colour
- Black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsp paprika according to taste
- A dash of hot chilli sauce
- 1 small jar of peanut butter
- ½ cup of long-grain rice per person
1) Fry chicken, add onions and tomatoes.
2) Add some water or stock, and cook slowly until chicken is just cooked.
3) Stir-fry peppers separately and add to chicken.
4) Soften peanut butter with boiling water to make a smooth sauce, adding paprika and chilli sauce.
5) Add the peanut sauce to the chicken, stir carefully, and serve hot, on a bed of long-grain rice.