Indonesian white curried chicken
- 4 teaspoons each of ground coriander and cumin, mixed together
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 teaspoons sambal oelek (hot chilli paste)
- 4 teaspoons cooking oil
- 4 onions, sliced
- 5 lb cubed chicken meat
- 4 stalks lemon grass
- 3.5 pints coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cooking oil
1) Mix the coriander, cumin, cloves and sambal oelek with four teaspoons of cooking oil to make a curry paste.
2) Fry the onions in four tablespoons of oil until softened and add chicken along with curry paste. Cook for ten minutes.
3) Add lemon grass and coconut milk. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer for 50 minutes until chicken is tender and sauce has thickened.
4) Remove lemon grass and stir in lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with rice or coconut-rice and your choice of vegetables.
Feeds: 25 people