Pray for the Middle East (4-10 March)
Posted by bms_prayer at 00:00 on 4th March 2012
The Arab Spring generated much hope across the Middle East. However, some regimes remain resolutely opposed to populist reform and have hit back with brutal repression.
The Church continues to suffer in many countries across the region but, if popular voices for civil and political liberty prevail, then it may also open an unprecedented opportunity for Christian freedom in the Middle East. (Photo credit: Sarah Carr)
- Middle Eastern Concern as it seeks to highlight the challenges faced by Christians in many parts of the region.
- Andrea and Ian (and their children James and Carolyn) working on the production of Christian broadcast material aimed at reaching the Middle East.
- SAT-7 as it broadcasts Christian programmes into the Middle East.
- The countries undergoing radical change as a result of last year’s Arab Spring.
- Safety and opportunity for all believers, many of whom live under threat of deep persecution across the Middle East.
- Forthcoming post-Arab Spring elections taking place in strategically critical Islamic countries such as Egypt.
- BMS workers in Lebanon Mat and Suzanne Gregory (with Seth and their new baby) and Arthur and Louise Brown (with Jessica, Naomi and Jack).